Hair fall is a major problem in all age groups across the world, and many people are unaware of how to halt it. Hair is considered the barometer of your health so if you see an excessive amount of hair on your comb, room or pillow then it is the alarm bell for you to consider it a major problem and should go for the diagnosis.
Regularly losing 100 hairs per day is the common thing but if it exceeds a higher amount, then it’s time to take care of your hair on a serious note.
There can be the following Hair fall reasons:
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Stress Hormonal Imbalance
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Hairstyling Products
- Other Medical Conditions
Home remedies for hair fall
8. Nutritional Supplement for hair
1. Diet and Exercise
A nutrient-rich diet, along with enough exercise, is the best way to reduce stress, consequently preventing hair loss and promoting hair growth. Protein-rich food such as soybean, lean meat, fish, vitamin C-rich fruits, and many more works as a perfect meal for healthy hair growth.
Massage with suitable essential oils regularly also does a fantastic job. Oiling provides all the important nutrients to the hair and increases the blood circulation in the hair follicle, which reduces hair fall and promotes the conditioned, shinier growth of hair.
Way to do oiling:
- Take the oil of your choice and massage the scalp in a circular motion with the use of your fingertips for 10 – 15 minutes. Repeat this twice a week.
3. Onion juice
Onion has antibacterial properties which prevent any infection on the scalp. onion juice also has sulphur content, which increases the circulation in the hair follicle. This help in taking care of hair fall and works as one of the best hair fall treatment.
Way of Making:
- Grind one full onion and squeeze it out by the use of strain or a thin cloth. Apply that squeezed onion juice to your scalp by use of a cotton ball. Leave as it is for 20 – 30 minutes. Rinse it with cold water. Repeat the procedure once a week.
4. Egg Mask
The egg is known as an overall treatment for hair loss and hair growth. The egg is a significant source of protein which is the original content of the hair shaft, and along with this, it is also rich in sulfur, iodine, phosphorous and many other essential fatty acids & nutrients for hair which directly contributes to hair growth.
How to prepare an egg hair mask for hair fall?
- Take one or two eggs in a bowl according to the length and volume of your hair and add a teaspoon of honey and olive oil in it. Beat this mixture to make a paste. Apply this paste from your scalp to the ends. Leave this for about 20 minutes and rinse with cold water. Repeat this once a week or twice a month according to the need.
5. Beetroot juice
Beetroot is known as the best detoxification agent, which keeps the scalp clean and infection-free. Along with this, it is rich in vitamins & full of various essential nutrients such as vitamin C which is known as most essential vitamin for hair, folate, potassium, B6 and many more, which reduces hair fall and increase your hair growth.
Way to prepare:
- Take 7 – 8 beetroot leaves and 5 – 6 henna leaves. Boil them together to make the decoction. Apply it to your hair and scalp and leave it for about 15-20 minutes. Rinse it with cold water and repeat the procedure once a week.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a widely available and cheaper best friend for skin and hair health. Aloe Vera can fight dandruff, itching, and flaking scalp, which can be the primary reason for hair fall. By removing these problems, Aloe Vera helps in promoting the growth of hair.
Way to use:
- Extract the pulp from the fresh stalk of the Aloe Vera plant. Apply this pulp directly to your scalp and hair. Leave this as it is for about 45 minutes. Rinse it off with normal water and repeat the procedure three times a week.
7. Gooseberry (Amla)
Gooseberry or also called Amla is loaded with vitamin C having exfoliating and anti-inflammatory properties which strengthen the hair follicle and promote hair growth. Amla is the best remedy to keep the scalp healthy and free from any infection. It also helps in preventing the greying of hair because it increases the absorption of iron and calcium content of food in your body.
Way to make Amla Mask:
- Take amla powder and mix it with the lime juice. Make a thick paste of this mixture. Apply it directly to the scalp, cover it with a shower cap for avoiding the drying out of the paste and leave it for an hour. Wash your hair with regular or cold water.
- Repeat the process at least once a week for better results.
8. Hair Supplements for hair fall
Sometimes hair fall exceeds to the extent that instant control of the hair fall becomes necessary and controlling them with those natural remedies become so tricky. So in those cases, your hair requires additional nutritional best selling hair supplements.
So are you also facing the same problem of hair fall? Then try one or two remedies from them and see the change you want in your hair!
Hair fall is common these days. A major hair fall issue requiring treatment is when hair loss exceeds 100 hair strands per day and is accompanied by a visible scalp and thinning volume. Poor nutrition, insufficient hair care, using the wrong products, and over-styling are some of the main reasons for hair loss. Green tea, aloe vera gel, egg mask, oil massage, multivitamins, and biotin supplements are a few straightforward anti hair fall treatments that may be added to your hair routine.
Q. When to apply hair mask?
Ans. Don't put on your mask after using your conditioner. Since shampooing opens up the hair shafts, using the mask soon away after washing your hair will significantly aid the conditioning ingredients' penetration.
Q. Can I use a hair mask on unclean hair?
Ans. No, don't apply it to oily, unclean hair. It is difficult to apply a hair mask to filthy (and dry) hair since the grease on your hair and scalp inhibits the mask from penetrating deeply.