The quick guide to Acne Prone Skin and Anti Acne Face wash
Acne comes like an uninvited guest, stay without your permission and leave dark spots and scars before going, no one wants such type of guest. Some people are too much caring about their diet and take proper skin care, but still, they are facing the problem of pimples due to their acne prone skin. You might have a question in your mind: what is this and why it happens?
So let’s go in details to solve the following queries:
What is Acne Prone skin?
In general terms,acne prone skin meaning is the skin that is more sensitive toward acne, scars and blemishes and has the intensity to develops comedones and pimples.
Hereditary or genetic characters are the prime factor that makes the skin prone to pimples and blemishes, whereas diet, hormonal fluctuation and stress level are the secondary ones. Salicylic acid is an exfoliant that helps in the removal of excess oils and purifies pores by removing dust particles and dead cells.
- Acne is a type of skin problem that generally occurs by clogging of hair follicles by dust particles, dead cells or excessive oil secretion.
- The cause of pimples (oily skin and hormonal disbalance ) is common for every person but the person that is more susceptible towards it have overexpressed oil glands.
Why Skin Becomes Acne Prone
A vast number of factors are responsible for making the skin likely towards pimples, some of them are:
Problems Related To Acne Prone Skin
- Blackheads: Also known as open comedones, it is small, flat and dark black bumps, generally caused by blocked sebaceous glands.
- Whiteheads: Also known as closed comedones, it is uplifted round milky white spots.
- Papules: Are inflamed lesions with the red appearance and are painful.
- Pustules: Are inflamed lesions generally filled with pus and are painful.
So now you are aware of acne-prone skin, their causes and problems related to them.
Now the big deal is what steps should be taken to get rid of pimples and which facial cleanser is best suited to prevent pimples.
Skincare routine for Acne Prone Skin
The selection of cleanser, toner, moisturizer and right cosmetic product for this skin type is quite concerning. Below is Pimple on face removal tips.
- Choose cleanser formulated especially for acne prone skin (Salicylic acid face wash or benzoyl peroxide face wash clears and purify pores & clear sore and is best suited for oily skin.
- Clean face gently with soft hand do not use any cloth or scrubber because it worsens the acne condition.
- Use toner enriched with Willow bark extract and Tea Tree oil, rich in Salicyclic acid with antibacterial action.
- Use a light, non-comedogenic mattifying moisturizer for oily skin which does not provoke pimples or an oil-free moisturizer with antibacterial property is the best option.
- If you want to wear makeup, use a foundation or light makeup because heavy makeup leads to clogging of pores.
- Do not prick, pricking leads to increased inflammation, thus exacerbate pimples.
Foods to Avoid Acne Prone Skin :
Refined grains, sugars, dairy product, fast food like burgers, french fries etc, food rich in omega 6 fatty acids and chocolates are bad for our skin and can lead to acne breakouts.
Foods which are rich in omega 3 fatty acids like fish, eggs, soybean, soy products like tofu, spinach, nuts such as walnuts and almonds, flax seeds, help in getting clearer skin and prevents pimples breakouts.
Face wash for Acne Prone Skin :
There are many face washes which play a major role in getting rid of pimples. These face washes contain anti acne agents which reduce the pimples and help in getting clearer skin.
- Salicylic acid is obtained from a natural source (from the bark of the willow tree), is one of the most efficient ingredients used in acne products for the treatment to get rid of pimples.
- It targets it by removing dead skin cells that promote clogging of pores.
- Up to 0.5-2% concentration of salicylic acid is beneficial in the treatment of mild to moderate acne.
- It helps in clearing excess oils from the skin and remove the dead cells and dust from pores.
- It also removes blackheads by shrinking the pores.
- Leaves clean, hydrated and refreshed skin.
A vast number of face wash are available in the market but you can try Derma Essentia best face wash for acne prone skin formulated with Salicylic acid, Glycolic acid and papaya to exfoliate skin which proves beneficial in the removal of pimples and blemishes.
Its principal constituents are –
- Papaya fruit extract and Glycolic acid (help in gently exfoliating dead skin cells)
- Zinc, PCA and Salicylic Acid (reduce pimples induced inflammation & infection).
- Aloe barbedensis Juice & Hyaluronic acid (helps in maintaining natural skin moisture and leave it supple and refreshing.
Hope this writeup will help you in solving your queries regarding acne prone skin.
Get more details about Skincare products.