Summer is the season to enjoy and also the season where sun tanning is the most common problem along with other skin problems. Our immune system is responsible for tanning as the skin produces melanin when exposed to sunlight as a form of defense mechanism. While it may give you a sun-kissed look, excessive tanning can cause skin damage, dark spots, uneven skin tone, and premature aging. This blog post will go over seven efficient home tanning removal methods for the summer.
Lemon is packed with natural bleaching properties which makes it effective in removing skin tan. It is high in citric acid, which is why it is considered a natural exfoliator.
The topical application of lemon helps in removing dead skin cells while giving the skin a brightening look.
- Juice from half a lemon can be extracted.
- Utilizing a cotton ball, apply the lemon juice to your face.
- Give it 15 minutes on the skin.
- With cold water, remove it.
- Apply a quality moisturizer after that.
Note:- It's common to experience dryness after applying lemon on the face.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is one of the blissful gifts from nature which helps in managing different skin problems and skin tan is no exception. Additionally to providing a calming effect on the skin, it also lessens sunburn.
It is packed with enzymes that effectively promote the growth regeneration of new skin cells hence making it the great choice for detan.
- Cut a single aloe vera leaf horizontally.
- Take the gel out of it.
- Directly apply it to the nighttime
The next day, wash it away.
Note:- If you one that has sensitive skin and suffers from skin problems during the summer season then it’s a great choice.
For a week, repeat this method once daily to notice the effects.
Yogurt is a natural exfoliant and can help to remove tan from your skin. It is high in lactic acid which does both brightening and soothing the skin. It is quite simple to use as well.
- Take one or two spoons of plain yogurt.
- Apply it directly to your face.
- At the end of 30 minutes, rinse it off with cold water.
- Apply moisturizer according to your skin type.
Potato juice is another effective natural remedy for detanning.It has enzymes that support the formation of new skin and aid in the removal of dead skin cells.
To use potato juice for detanning, follow these steps:
- Take one potato and grate it properly.
- Apply the juice to the afflicted skin after pressing out the juice.
- Cleanse with cold water after 20 minutes has passed.
- For a week, repeat this method once daily to notice the effects.
As a natural cooler, cucumber can aid to relieve sunburns and lighten tan. Antioxidants present in it aid in reducing UV-induced skin ageing. To use cucumber for detanning, follow these steps:
- Cut a cucumber into slices
- Rub the slices over the skin's irritated regions.
- For 10 to 15 minutes, turn it on.
- Use cool water to wash it.
- Apply moisturiser.
For a week, you can do this technique every day to notice the effects.
6. Gram Flour
Gram flour is a natural exfoliator that might assist in fading skin tan. It also helps to remove excess oil and dirt from the skin. To use gram flour for detanning, follow these steps:
- Apply the paste to the problem areas and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Use cold water to clean the area.
- Wash the area with cold water.
7. Green Tea
Green tea is a powerhouse of flavonoids and other antioxidants that helps in removing sun damage like sunburn as well as sun tan. It helps in rejuvenating the skin and is effective in getting rid of other skin problems common during summer like dark spots, hyperpigmentation, acne, etc.
- Pour a cup of water over the green tea bag, then indulge for a while.
- Apply it to the face with cotton after allowing it to cool.
- After 15 minutes, rinsing it with cold water is advised.
Papaya is one of the wonderful fruits that have the property to remove pigmentation. The application of papaya mask has been commonly used in Indian households to brighten the skin and reduce sun tans.
- It is packed with enzymes, beta-carotene, and other things making it effective.
- Take half a ripened papaya and mash it to make a paste.
- Add raw milk and apply it to your affected part.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes so that it can dry.
- Wash it off with a splash of normal water.
Summers are the season to enjoy but it's important to remember that the UV rays could really cause harm to skin if exposed for a longer period of time. It could lead to different skin problems like wrinkles, premature aging etc. One of the most important things to always prevent you from saving yourself from harmful UV Rays is applying sunscreen.
But when tanned there are simple ways to remove skin tan including some homemade masks with papaya or aloe vera gel. There are many more easy options as mentioned above. So, enjoy the summers without any regrets.
Q. Is gram flour (besan) helpful in removing sun tan?
Ans. Yes, it has amazing benefits which works wonderfully for reducing sun tan and increasing skin brightness.
Q. Which food items are helpful in reducing suntan?
Ans. There are several food items like Vitamin C, Carrots, nuts, and watermelons are really effective as they are packed with antioxidants.