How aloe vera helps to say no to skin problems?
There is no doubt that the craze for natural ingredients in skincare products is increasing among the people. The skincare industries are putting great efforts to choose the best natural ingredients for their products.
Various natural ingredients are getting hype, but aloe vera (aloe barbadensis) is still in the top list for years. It is part of various skin care products such as aloe vera face wash, toners and creams. Many people prefer aloe vera juice as it has incredible health benefits such as in weight loss, lowering blood sugar levels, laxative effect and reducing risk of heart diseases.
Aloe vera helps to moisturize the skin, fight acne, soothe the sunburns and slow down the ageing. All these aloe vera benefits and antibacterial properties helps to beautify skin.
Therefore, numbers of home remedies are being used containing aloe vera gel, sugar, coconut oil and olive oil, lemon and gram flour to add aloe vera plant in skincare routine.
This article will help you to know the aloe vera uses for skin and home remedies to add it into skincare routine.
Let’s discuss in detail:
- Aloe vera benefits for skin (aloe vera ke fayde)
- Home remedies using aloe vera gel for skin
- How to make aloe vera gel at home?
Aloe vera benefits for skin (aloe vera ke fayde)
1. Soothes sunburns: Polysaccharides present in natural aloe vera gel helps to promote skin repair and wound healing. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties it can help to heal mild to moderate sunburns when applied topically.
2. Relieves skin irritation: It’s gel for skin provides cooling effects that help to soothe the redness, infection and rash.
3. Moisturizes the skin: Its gel contains water in abundance thus it hydrates the skin without causing greasy feeling.
Learn - “How to moisturize your skin?”
You can also go for salicylic acid face wash to fight against oily and acne prone skin.
5. Slow down the ageing signs: As we age our skin starts to lose its elasticity, which leads to skin sagging and wrinkles. Topical aloe vera gel use helps to retain the moisture and decreases the visible fine lines and wrinkles. It enhances the skin elasticity.
Home remedies using aloe vera gel for skin
After knowing its benefits you must be impressed. If you want to add it to your skincare routine then follow these home remedies weekly:
- Aloe vera and olive oil: This combination is helpful to decrease the acne marks and blemishes.
How to use:
Mix one teaspoon of olive oil in four teaspoons of aloe vera juice and apply this mixture on your face. Then wash it off after about 15 minutes.
- Aloe vera and rose water: This face pack can help to treat the pimple marks, pigmentation or burns as rose water is an astringent.
How to use:
Mix equal amounts of aloe vera gel and rose water to form a paste. Apply it on your face. Keep it on your face for 20-30 minutes. Then wash it with cold water.
- Besan and aloe vera: Besan or gram flour exfoliates the skin and tightens the pores.
How to use:
Mix one tablespoons besan and two teaspoons of aloe vera gel to form paste. Apply it on your face and leave it for about 15 minutes. Then wash it off with warm water.
To avoid dryness, apply ultra hydrating moisturizer on your face.
- Aloe vera and lemon juice: Lemon helps to help to treat acne. This face mask can help to treat your acne.
How to use:
Add one or two drops of lemon juice in one tablespoon aloe vera gel to form a face mask. Mix them well and apply on your face and leave it for about 10 minutes. Then wash it with normal water.
- Aloe vera, sugar and coconut oil: This combination makes a perfect scrub.
How to use:
Mix equal amounts of coconut oil and white sugar. Add half their quantity of aloe vera gel to form a perfect scrub. Scrub this mixture on your skin and wash it with water.
As most of the home remedies require aloe vera gel, then let's discuss:
How to make aloe vera gel at home?
Follow the following steps to make your own pure aloe vera gel at home:
- Cut a fresh leaf from the plant. Wash it to remove all the dirt.
- Wipe water from the leaf. Also discard the yellow discharge (aloe latex), which comes out from the cut.
- Cut both the edges and peel off the leaf carefully to avoid any wastage.
- Take a spoon and extract the clear gel in a bowl. Remove all gel from the skin also.
- Blend the gel for 30 seconds in a blender.
- Store the gel in a clean container and refrigerate.
There is no doubt that the use of aloe vera in your skin care routine can help you to escape from various skin conditions. It is a humble plant, which is accessible to all and is good for all skin types (Know your skin type by using a skin analysis tool) as it does not show any major side effects. Thus, do not hesitate to get its benefits by adding it to your skincare routine.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
How to make aloe vera juice?
Take one tablespoon of fresh aloe vera gel in a blender and add water to dilute. Blend the water and aloe vera gel on a low setting for about 4-5 minutes. Pour juice in a clear glass and enjoy.
Can I use aloe vera on my face daily?
The regular use of it on the face helps to moisturize skin. It can help to treat several skin conditions such as eczema, sunburn and acne.
How does aloe vera lighten skin?
It has aloin, which is a natural de-pigmenting compound that can lighten skin. It acts efficiently as a treatment for hyperpigmentation. You can apply it in routine during bedtime to get the effects.