It is really stressful to see even that one strand of white hair, especially during your 20s or 30s. If you are reading this then you must be among those people who are suffering from white hair. It is not easy to get rid of white hair at a young age better known as premature grey hair. It is a universal problem and nowadays it is very commonly seen among people.
The main cause of grey hair is not proven yet but there are some conditions or lifestyles that might result in it. So, continue reading the article and learn what could be the possible cause along with a few preventive methods to avoid it.
What are the causes resulting in Premature Grey Hair?
One of the greatest causes of premature grey hair is genetics but the cause is not yet known. There are certain types of genes in particular that are responsible for disturbing the production of melanin. According to many studies it is seen that genes play a great role in turning your hair grey and many of them are seen before the age of 15.
Because we are powerless over the genes in these situations, there is very little that can be done to rectify the situation. But there are millions of modern beauty products available in the market that can help to just hide white hair temporarily.
When you take stress for a longer period of time then it is most likely to have premature grey hair. It does not matter how much busy you are in life and to what extent you have to work hard but stress can easily affect the melanin pigment of your hair.
It has been seen that the depletion of stem cells in the hair follicles is directly linked to the level of stress we take.
This occurs when you are mostly exposed to oxidative stress meaning the harmful free radicals. As in this case, antioxidants are really essential so that we can fight off the radicals and reduce the chances of prematurely white hair.
One of the leading examples, in this case, is vitiligo resulting in white hair as they affect the hair follicles.
Smoking is not only bad for your skin, but it's also bad for your hair. The Daily smoking habit could cause your blood vessels to dilate which will reduce the flow of blood to the follicles of your hair.
While smoking cigarettes the toxins are not only inhaled by your lungs but also by your hair follicles resulting in greying of hair at a younger age.
Grey Hair at a young age can also be caused due to an imbalance in your diet. People who consume cold drinks, and fast food packed with high levels of salt and sugar have a higher chance to be affected by harmful free radicals. Premature hair ageing is now more likely as a result of this.
Deficiency of Vitamins and Minerals
The whitening of follicles could occur due to the deficiency of iron or folate Vitamin D and B12 deficiency could also be the reason. It has been studied that consuming less biotin and folic acid in the daily routine could result in grey hair at a younger age.
The hydrogen peroxide that the hair follicles create over time builds up on the hair shafts. In this case, the coloring of hair or bleaching of the hair could cause your hair to become grey over time.
Other Medical History
Many medical conditions are linked to the premature greying of hair. In this case, the disorders related to the thyroid and autoimmune disorders are a few of the causes of the pigmentation of hair.
The color of hair is determined by the functioning of the thyroid gland. While having some thyroid-related disorders could cause some disturbance in your hormonal levels and hence reduce the production of melanin. Your black hair begins to turn grey as a result.
What can be done to stop hair from greying too early?
1. It is important to note that daily use of shampoo can really harm your hair as they could behard on hair follicles. While you can use natural shampoos that are free of chemicals.
As the use of shampoo could affect the hair by affecting the production of melanin and hence resulting in grey hair as well as hair loss.
2. Increase the consumption of vitamins B12 and B5 as they help in preventing the hair from becoming white. Try including fruits and vegetables like avocado, yeast, cheese, plums, cranberries, broccoli, sunflower flower, and many more.
3. Try including good hair serum and oil in your hair care routine which will help you to repair the hair follicles. You can actually stop your hair from going grey before your time by applying oil and serum.
One of the best options is derma essentia Trichoedge Black Hair Serum for Grey Hair
4. Always make sure to use natural hair dyes instead of using those chemically filled dyes. One of the best natural hair dyes you can make simply using coffee or tea leaves. Just boil them in the water for 15 minutes and apply them to your hair. After 15 minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water.
5. Apply henna on your hair which is not only a natural hair dye option but also helps in preventing premature grey hair. It makes your hair natural look black without causing any harm to your hair follicles.
6. Try eating dark chocolate on the daily basis in small amounts as they are packed with copper which helps in regulating the melanin pigment which will reduce grey hair. But if you have a medical condition, you should always listen to advice from your doctor first.
7. Conditioning the hair is a good option but always look out for natural ones. One of the best options is applying the paste of walnuts or gooseberries. It is well known that gooseberries have Vitamin C which naturally makes them perfect for hair and saving from free radicals.
Having grey hair at a young age makes people feel less confident enough. While grey hair could be caused due to various conditions including genetics, disturbed diet, smoking, and many more. One thing to keep in mind is that you cannot reverse back the greying of hair but you can manage as well as prevent it with a simple change in your lifestyle. You can follow the above-mentioned instruction and ways to do it on a daily basis in order to get a better result.
Q. Is it possible to reverse grey hair?
Ans. No, it is not possible to reverse grey hair but you can prevent it by addressing the cause and using natural remedies as well.
Q. What foodstuffs aid in preventing grey hair?
Ans. There are several Vitamins and Minerals including Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, and E as well. Along with that try cooperating Zinc, Copper, and Iron in your diet.
So, include food items like milk, eggs fish, spinach, carrots, cereals, potatoes, mushrooms, chia butter, and almonds in your diet.
Q. What is the age that our hair can turn grey?
Ans. One of the most average where you can see white hair is in the late 30s because before that it is considered premature grey hair.
Q. It is possible that stress could cause grey?
Ans. Yes, it is possible because there are few studies that show that stress could affect the production of melanin.