How to Remove Tan From Face?
How to Remove Tan From Face?A slight tan is considered desirable to some, believed to enhance attractiveness, but too much of it can lower your confidence. Also, you may not like the dual-tone of your skin! Getting tan is so evident that you can’t avoid it, but you should know how to remove tan from face and body for your approaching parties or gatherings! After all, you need to shine.
The fact is- ‘Even short-term exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation, human skin could suffer from acute sun damage, including burning and tanning. It poses a serious public health concern due to the associated risks of various skin cancers (e.g., malignant melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma).’
Treating suntan at the earliest is imperative to prevent further damage. One can practice ‘safe tan’, e.g. sufficient sun-exposure to get a visible tan without experiencing burning. Even if you still get tanned, it will eventually fade out, but you can also resort to home remedies. Choose natural packs to get rid of skin tanning from your face, hands, arms, neck, back and feet the all-natural way.
How to remove tan from face naturally?
Simple and readily available kitchen ingredients can be used to concoct your very own home remedy for removing sun tan from the affected areas and improve the skin tone.
Let’s go on to explore a few home remedies to remove tan:
TOMATO- Natural tan remover
Due to the presence of antioxidants, tomato helps to lighten and brighten the skin complexion. It is rich in phytochemicals that can fight the damage caused by the harmful UV rays of the sun along with skin bleaching properties.
How to use tomato for a tan?
- Cut a slice of tomato or apply its skin on your skin.
With yoghurt: It moisturises and soothes the skin.
- Take a tablespoon of fresh and plain yoghurt along with a tablespoon of tomato juice Mix to form a paste
- Apply on sun affected areas
- Let it dry for around 3o minutes and wash it off using cold water
With rice flour: Great scrub to be used once a fortnight to remove dead skin.
- Take the juice of 1 tomato and mix it with one teaspoon of rice flour
- Apply this paste to scrub away the suntan instantly from your face and body
ALOE VERA GEL- Natural Moisturizer
Aloe vera is renowned for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, hydrating and skin-soothing properties. It helps to relieve sunburn and acts as a moisturiser which imparts a healthy glow to the skin.
How to use aloe vera for suntan?
- Cut a fresh aloe vera leaf or use any available aloe vera gel
- Slice it to use its gel and massage it on to suntan affected areas directly
With masoor dal: It helps to exfoliate the skin, tightens the pores, and makes the skin radiant. It also cleans your skin, making it oil-free.
- Soak a cup of masoor dal
- Add a few spoons of aloe vera gel in soaked masoor dal to form a thick paste
- Apply this pack on your face, hands and legs for 30 minutes
- Gently scrub it off and wash it with cold water
How to use Multani mitti for suntan?
It lightens the tanned skin and has anti-inflammatory properties, follows the below-mentioned steps to use Multani mitti for a suntan.
- Make a paste of two tablespoons of Multani mitti with one tablespoon of aloe vera gel and a few drops of rose water
- Apply this mixture on your suntanned areas
- Keep for 20 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water
ORANGE JUICE AND PEEL- Natural Skin bleaching agent!
Citric acid and vitamin C present in orange revitalise and boost skin complexion. It contains a bioactive compound- poly methoxy flavones (PMF), which help inhibit melanogenesis, thereby fading skin tan and lighten the skin.
How to use?
Yoghurt face packs with exfoliating properties!
- Mix a tablespoon of orange juice in yoghurt
- Apply to tanned areas
- Rinse it off with water after 30 minutes
With turmeric and honey: Turmeric has been known to remove pigmentation, blemishes and brighten the skin naturally. Honey helps to moisturise and nourish the skin.
- Make a paste of 1 teaspoon orange peel powder, a pinch of turmeric and one teaspoon honey
- Apply it on your face for about 10-15 minutes
- Gently rinse with water
POTATO JUICE- Natural tan remover
Potato is loaded with vitamins and minerals, which helps to fade dark spots and tanning naturally. Whether it is used as a juice, peeled or paste, it works as a potent bleaching agent.
How to remove tan from the face using potato?
- Rub a sliced potato directly on the skin or keep thin slices on your eyes and face
- Keep it for 15-20 minutes and wash
With lemon juice: Effectively removes tan due to its skin brightening features.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice with a tablespoon of extracted potato juice
- Leave it for half an hour
- Rinse it off
SANDALWOOD- For glowing skin
Popularly known as Chandan, is an exceptional skincare ingredient enlisted in the Ayurveda with anti-tan properties. Due to its antiseptic properties, it also prevents skin darkening, acne and blemishes. It helps to lighten and make your skin glow.
How to use?
With rose water:
- Use a 2-3 tablespoons of sandalwood powder in a few drops of rose water.
Note: if you have dry skin, you can use a few drops of sandalwood oil rather than the powder for nourishing your skin.
- Apply the paste on your face
- Leave it on for 30 minutes
- Rinse using lukewarm water and pat dry
With coconut water: It contains phenolic acids that exhibit properties beneficial to detox and protect skin against sun damage.
- Make a paste of one tablespoon each of sandalwood powder and coconut water
- Apply this on your face until dry
- Rinse your face with cold water
Some of these remedies provide instant results, and some may take some days! Just be patient for glowing skin.
As ‘prevention is better than cure’, it is better to take necessary steps to avoid suntan and sunburn is the first place!
How to prevent suntan?
- Be sure to always use a sunscreen with SPF 50 or more! Reapply sunscreen after 2 – 3 hours for maximum sun protection
- Sun’s rays are harshest between 11 to 4 p.m., so avoid going out or any outdoor activities during this time.
- Wear a protective hat and sunglasses when out in sunlight
- Wear protective, full-sleeves clothing with comfortable, breathable fabrics like cotton
- Stay hydrated! Drink at least eight glasses of water daily. If drinking, just water seems boring, drinking fresh juices, eat fruits and vegetables for maintaining skin hydration is good too!
Pro-tip to remove tan from face!
One of the most popular formulations which have been found to prevent and combat tanning is the vitamin C serums; the research says that topical application of vitamin C combats hyperpigmentation caused due to extensive exposure to UV radiation.
Many people also ask, does vitamin C serum remove tan?
Yes, it does! Vitamin C serum works by reducing the melanin (skin pigment) synthesis offering bright and glowing skin. It also promotes the formation of ceramides throughout the skin!
How does vitamin C remove tan?
Due to its antioxidant properties, vitamin C protects against free radicals and works well to improve uneven skin tone & pigmentation. The Vitamin C serum is rich in pure and concentrated vitamin C; hence, they are one of the best formulations to keep with you for removing tan.
FAQs about removing tan
Q 1. Does sunscreen help to remove tan?
Answer This is one of the most frequently asked questions; the sunscreen helps to protect your skin from tan, needs re-application. But a sunscreen formulated with antioxidants may help to combat damage caused by UV radiation. Use gel based light sunscreen with SPF 50.
Q 2. Can suntan go in one day?
Answer This is the problem with tan; it can come in a day but never goes at once. So, be cautious while inviting it.
Q 3. Is there any anti-tan diet?
Answer Unfortunately not, but foods rich in antioxidants help to keep skin glowing and happy!
Q 4. How often should I use sunscreen to prevent tan?
Answer A sunscreen with SPF more than 30 and offering broad-spectrum protection should be reapplied after 3-4 hours and during prolonged exposure after every 2 hours.