Use vitamin C toner to improve skin health
Most of us are not completely aware about the toner. Many of us believe that they are formulated for oily skin to minimize the pore size. However, toners are needed by all skin types. They show various benefits to the skin.
They are usually used after cleansing to remove excess oil and impurities from the face. There are a number of toners available in the market. But today, we will discuss the vitamin C toner.
Vitamin C toner is excellent for all skin types. It helps to brighten the skin, fade hyper-pigmentation, hydrate the skin, stimulate the collagen synthesis, making skin radiant, soft and supple and wound healing.
To completely understand the benefits of using vitamin C toner, we will discuss:
- Benefit of using toner
- Benefits of using vitamin C toner
- Benefits of vitamin C toner for dry skin
- Benefits of using Vitamin C toner for acne prone skin
- Benefits of using Vitamin C toner for sensitive skin
- How to use a vitamin C toner?
1. Benefits of using toner:
Face toner is a water-based skin care formulation, which contains glycerin and other humectants as its major ingredients. It leaves your skin hydrated, soft and smooth. Some of its major benefits are mentioned below:
- They assist to reduce and cleanse the pores and therefore prevent the acne breakouts.
- They help to maintain the pH of skin which gets disturbed by the alkaline nature of soap.
- They help to remove the traces of dirt and makeup that cannot be removed with a cleanser.
- They form an extra protective layer, which reduces the risk of environmental contaminants that can enter your skin.
Now as we have discussed the toner benefits, it will be easy to understand the benefits of using vitamin C toner.
2. Benefits of using Vitamin C toner:
Vitamin C is extremely beneficial for skin health. Using vitamin C toner containing other amazing ingredients such as witch hazel and aloe vera extract can provide amazing benefits to your skin such as:
- Vitamin C has a significant role in collagen production. Collagen is a vital protein, which is found in almost all parts of the body especially in bones, muscles, skin, blood vessels and digestive system. As we age the production of collagen reduces due to which our skin starts losing its elasticity.
- It helps to prevent the excess oil from clogging the pore leaving skin clean hydrated and refreshed throughout the day.
- It boosts skin and provides complete hydration making it smooth and soft.
- It helps in skin brightening and skin toning as it contains antioxidants.
- It helps to fade the hyper-pigmentation. Sun spots, melasma, age spots, and other types of hyper-pigmentation are the result of excess production of melanin. Vitamin C toner application hinders the production of melanin and therefore helps to fade dark spots.
- Vitamin C toner application accelerates the wound healing, which minimizes the risk of infection, scarring and inflammation.
Now the question arises that is vitamin C toner good for all skin types. To clarify that, let's discuss benefits of vitamin C toner for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin.
3. Benefits of using Vitamin C toner for dry skin:
Vitamin C helps to decrease the transepidermal water loss, which allows the skin to retain moisture better. Due to which skin remains soft and supple. Otherwise, the early ageing signs like wrinkles and fine lines may appear to dry and dehydrated skin.
It is safe and better to use paraben free and silicone free vitamin C toner.
4. Benefits of using Vitamin C toner for acne prone skin:
Acne is a skin problem, which develops when your hair follicles get clogged with dirt, dead skin and oil. It causes the pimples, whiteheads and blackheads.
Vitamin C has potent anti-inflammatory properties that help to manage several skin disorders including acne. When vitamin C is provided directly to the skin, it stimulates the collagen production and hinders the production of melanin and scavenges the free radicals. These functions help to restore and brighten the damaged skin developed due to acne breakout.
5. Benefits of Vitamin C toner for sensitive skin:
Vitamin C improves protection levels of skin from sun and environmental damage. Thereby, it benefits sensitive skin in a number of ways.
Following are the major benefits of using vitamin C toner for sensitive skin:
- Decreases the redness and even out the skin tone: It reduces the redness and creates the even skin complexion.
- Protects against sun damage: Sun damage occurs due to free radicals. Vitamin C is rich in antioxidants that defend healthy skin cells from free radicals.
It is very easy to use vitamin C toner. It will require only few steps:
- Toner should always be used after cleansing your face with a cleanser of your skin type and before the application of moisturizer.
- Pour some amount of toner on a cotton pad and apply it all over your face and neck and let it dry.
- If you are using a toner which is present in a spray bottle then you can spray it directly on the face.
- Apply moisturizer after it.
To observe the incredible results of using vitamin C toner, use it consistently in your skincare routine. You will surely observe drastic changes in your skin health if you add it religiously in your skin care routine.
Let's see what our beauty experts saying about vitamin c toner and how they are using this toner for better results:
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
1. What should be followed after using toner?
Once your toners get dried on your face, you can apply good quality moisturizer or serum suitable for your skin type.
2. Can toner be used daily?
Toners can be used two times a day after cleansing the face. It can be used in the morning and in the night before going to bed. If you feel your skin is getting dry then use it only once a day.
3. Can toner be left overnight for the face?
It will assist to complete your cleansing by removing any oil, makeup, impurity or dust left after the use of cleanser.
4. Can vitamin C help in skin lightening?
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that protects the skin cells from damaging effects of free radicals. It also hinders the melanin synthesis in the skin, which assists in lightening the hyperpigmentation, skin toning and providing radiance to skin.
5. Does vitamin C cause dry skin?
A topical application of Vitamin C helps to prevent water loss from the upper layers of skin. You may not observe the effects immediately, but you can expect an enhancement in your skin health with time. Some studies show that it can decrease or reverse the damage if applied on dry skin directly.
Health, Beauty & Wellness Writer
M.Sc. In Bioinformatics
Being in the field of writing for many years, this bioinformatician knows her work well. With great knowledge of technology and science, she is dedicated to present all the science-backed information in the possible simplest way