It is really hard to pick the best skincare and hair products yourself. The wide variety of products available in the market makes us confused. It is very difficult to find the products that can solve your multiple issues. But natural oils such as Moroccan oil are the ones that can solve your number of issues. They can work as toner, moisturizer and sun protection at the same time. They can treat your skin, hair and even nails.
In this article we will focus on the benefits of moroccan oil for hair and skin and how it can be used.
Moroccan hair oil conditions your hair, soothes an itchy scalp, protects from sun damage, makes them shiny and promotes their growth. On the other side, it moisturizes skin, protects it from sun damages, reduces oiliness, prevents infections, stretch marks, premature ageing and promotes wound healing.
Let’s explore all its benefits for skin and hair and ways to use it:
- Benefits of moroccan oil for skin
- How to use moroccan oil for hair?
- Benefits of moroccan oil for skin
- How to use moroccan oil for skin?
Moroccan oil benefits for Hair
1. Condition hair: As this oil is an excellent moisturizer, it works as a great conditioner for the damaged hair. This oil can easily penetrate the hair cuticles that help to make hair soft and manageable.
2. Soothe an itchy scalp: The anti-inflammatory properties of this oil helps to soothe the itchy scalp due to dandruff.
3. Prevents heat damage: The fatty acids and vitamin E in this oil protects the scalp and hair from the heat damage occurring due to styling tools.
4. Boost shine: It gets easily absorbed into the hair strand without causing greasiness. It makes hair shiny and lustrous.
5. Add sun protection: It is rich in antioxidants, which neutralizes free radicals therefore; it is particularly advantageous for color-treated hair to prevent the pigment loss and extend the life of hair color.
6. Promote hair growth: Moroccan hair oil can assist in promoting hair growth. Massaging this oil into the scalp enhances the blood flow and opens the pores.
How to use moroccan hair oil?
Following are the few ways to use the moroccanoil treatment to get its best effects:
Hair mask: To enjoy the benefits of homemade hair mask follow following steps:
- Take a few drops of moroccan oil on your hands; massage it into your scalp and hair. You can add oil as per the requirement of your hair volume. Massage for 10 minutes and ensure to cover hair from roots to ends.
- Wrap your hair in a towel and leave it overnight.
- Wash your hair the next morning.
- Mix the required amount of your regular shampoo with 2-3 drops of moroccan oil on your hands.
- Apply the mixture to hair to wash them.
- Rinse your hair with normal water.
Learn about “How to wash your hair?”
Leave-in conditioner: Use this oil as a leave-in conditioner to decrease the breakage of hair.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and towel-dry them.
- Rub two or three drops of moroccan oil in your hands and apply it to your hair.
- Let your hair dry and style them as you want.
Heat styling product: Moroccan oil can make your hair smooth and frizz free.
- Take 1-2 drops of this oil on your palm and rub your hands together.
- Apply your hands to clean and dry hair lightly.
- Now style your hair as you like to.
Moroccan oil benefits for skin
1. Protects from sun damage: It has been used by the Moroccan women for a long time to protect their skin from the damage caused by the sun.
The antioxidant activity of moroccan oil helps to protect the skin from the free radical damage occurring due to sun. It assists in preventing hyper-pigmentation and sunburn. Its long term use may help to prevent skin cancer.
2. Moisturizes skin: It is commonly used as a moisturizer. Due to its moisturizing property it is used in the formulation of lotions, hair conditioners and soaps. It contains vitamin E, which assists to improve the water retention in the skin.
3. Treats various skin conditions: It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Both these properties help to decrease the symptoms of various inflammatory skin disorders such as rosacea and psoriasis.
4. Treats acne: It has anti-sebum effects that can maintain the sebum amounts on the skin. This helps to treat many forms of acne and promote a smooth skin. Check out some home remedies to treat acne scars.
5. Heal skin infections: It is one of its traditional uses. It has both fungicidal and antibacterial properties. Thus it helps to treat and prevent fungal and bacterial skin infections.
6. Improves wound healing: The presence of both antioxidants and vitamin E in this oil helps to heal cuts and wounds faster.
7. Has anti-aging effects: It has been used as an anti-aging treatment for a long time. You can get the benefits by applying it directly to the skin.
8. Decreases the oiliness of skin: The anti-sebum effects of this oil helps to decrease the oiliness of the skin.
9. Stretch marks: Stretch marks are a problem faced by many pregnant women, but Moroccan oil is the perfect solution for stretch marks and saggy skin. It enhances the elasticity of skin as it has vitamin E. Applying this oil to the body will decrease the probability of developing stretch marks.
10. Foot, Hand and Nail Treatment: This oil softens the dry hands, cracked heels and brittle nails. It leaves feet and hands soft and makes your nails strong. Try to massage moroccan oil to your hands, feet and cuticles before going to bed.
How to use moroccan oil for the face?
- Moisturizer: Take 1-2 drops of moroccan oil and apply it to your complete face every morning. You can apply it in the night too and leave it overnight.
- Toner: Pour a drop of moroccan oil on a cotton pad already diped in toner and dab it on your face.
- Lip exfoliator: Put a drop of moroccan oil on brown sugar. Gently exfoliate your lips with this mixture. Otherwise you can apply a drop of this oil on your lips and leave it to soften and moisturize your lips.
- Serum: Add this oil to your serum and apply it.
You are now completely aware of the benefits of Moroccan oil for your skin and hair. Add it to your routine to get beautiful skin and strong hair. You will surely observe amazing results with regular use.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
1. Should I use Moroccan oil daily?
The frequency of use of moroccan oil depends upon your hair type. Person with dry or frizzy hair can use it daily so that you can get continuous benefit from it.
2. Is Moroccan oil good for natural black hair?
Morocco oil hydrates the curly hair in a natural way. It makes hair soft and decreases the roughness. It penetrates into the hair shaft and increases the hair elasticity that assists to prevent breakage of natural black hair. It makes hair smooth and manageable.
3. Does a Moroccan oil assist eyelash growth?
Moroccan oil is rich in fatty acids and Vitamin A. It is a potent moisturizer that can assist the hydration of eyelashes. All the essential vitamins required for the hair growth are present in the moroccan oil. Its daily use can stimulate eyelash hair growth.