20 Effective Tips on How to Remove Dark Circles at Home
Dark circles under eyes are a common issue among all genders and age groups, especially with the hectic and busy life. Let’s know what are dark circles, reasons, tips and how to remove dark circles.
Don’t worry about how to reduce dark circles. Try dark circles removal tips like eye pack, diet, exercise, aloe vera, tea bags, and more.
Let’s know what are dark circles, reasons, tips and how to remove dark circles.
Types of Dark circles
These are mainly of three types:
Hollow dark circles:
These occur due to the shifting position of the muscles and fatty zones of the face
Brown or pigmented dark circles:
These are caused by deposits of melanin in the dermis and/or hyperpigmentation of the epidermis on the eye contour
Blue dark circles:
These occur due to the consequence of defective microcirculation and the permeability of vessels, leading to the accumulation of blood pigments responsible for the purplish-blue shade
Have you tried every possible tip and trick but not getting any concrete answer on how to remove dark circles overnight? Let’s understand the reasons for dark circles under eyes.
Reasons for dark circles
Sleep deprivation can make your skin look pale and dull, which causes the dark tissues and blood vessels to show. Lack of sleep also makes your eyes appear puffy due to the accumulation of fluids under your eyes.
A stressful life can be a major cause of under eye circles as this may lead to other issues like tiredness, fatigue, sleeplessness, etc.
It is well documented that eye circles are sometimes hereditary. It can also be due to other diseases like hyperthyroidism.
At times, allergy causes your body to release histamine, which dilates your blood vessels that result in puffiness and swelling of eyes and casting dark shadows beneath them.
Long term sun exposure
Long sun exposure causes your body to release an excess amount of melanin (the pigment responsible for skin colour), which can result in pigmentation of skin around the eyes.
Aging makes your thinning skin, which results in the appearance of dark blood vessels under your eyes.
A sedentary lifestyle can result in exhaustion or fatigue. Also, smoking and alcohol dilate your blood vessels, causing your eyes to swell and cause dark bags under eyes.
Now let's understand.
How to get rid of dark circles?
These are some common culprits of causing under eye circles which should be addressed as soon as possible before it gets out of your hand.
Although there are plenty of cosmetics products, dark circle creams or vitamin c and hyaluronic acid serums available as dark circles remedy to help you get rid and lighten circles, they often may come along with some side effects if natural ingredients are not used.
However, there are various natural remedies for dark circles which you can use to remove those stubborn under eye circles overnight. And the best thing is they are entirely natural and without any side effects.
Dark circles removal tips
With little changes in your daily routine and schedule can make a lot of difference to your dark circles. Try to enjoy a healthy lifestyle and reap all the benefits with your glowing and relaxed eyes.
Eye Pack for dark circles
Eye packs are exceptionally useful in reducing under eye circles. To make an eye pack one needs a few drops of lemon juice, coconut, 2 tbsp cucumber, and fresh cream.
- Mix a few drops of lemon juice, coconut oil, cucumber, and fresh cream and massage it over under eye dark circles.
- Wash after 20 mins.
- Apply once a week to remove dark eye circles.
Diet for dark circles
Your skin reflects what you put on your plates. Include vitamins rich foods for dark circles in your diet that will help in keeping your skin healthy. Add green vegetables and fruits like spinach, carrots, brinjals, bananas, mangoes, and oranges in your diet that have an excellent effect on the skin near your eyes. Stay hydrated by drinking at least 10-12 glasses of water in a day.
Exercise for dark circles
Exercise directly may not help in preventing the dark circles, but it does improve the circulation of blood and removes toxins from the body, thus allowing your skin to glow.
Yoga for dark circles
- On the other hand, some form of yoga does affect the skin around your eyes. Some yoga forms like Trataka Yoga, Palming Yoga, Rolling Eyes Yoga help to get rid of dark circles.
- Practice yoga daily to get bright and radiant skin.
One of the main reasons for dark circles is a stressful life and improper sleep schedule habits.
- As per experts, at least 7-8 hours of undisturbed sleep is necessary for a fresh eye.
- Keep all electronic things like mobile phones etc. away at least 1.5 hours before bed.
Home remedies for dark circles
How about if you get rid of your stubborn dark circles from the ingredients that are not only cheaper but also can be found easily in your kitchen. Smart right? Then, have a look at the given below natural treatments that you will love:
Aloe Vera for dark circles
Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Applying aloe Vera gel hydrates your skin and reduces skin pigmentation.
- Apply freshly extracted Aloe Vera gel under your eyes.
- Leave it overnight and rinse with cold water in the morning.
Tea Bags for dark circles
Green tea for dark circles has antioxidants which brighten your skin. Tea has tannins, which constrict dilated blood vessels and reduces under eye circles and puffiness of eyes.
- Soak two tea bags in refrigerated water and put them over your eyes for 20-30 mins. Then wash your face with cold water.
- Repeat it 2-3 times a day to get the best results.
Rosewater for dark circles
Rosewater or rose petals have skin rejuvenating properties. It also soothes the skin and works as a skin toner.
- Apply rose water on the under eye circles and closed eyelids, using cotton pads.
- Repeat this process for 3-4 weeks to get better results.
Apple Cider Vinegar for dark circles
Using Apple Cider Vinegar makes your skin look younger, and it removes the black circles.
- Massage a small amount of Apple cider vinegar under your eyes using a cotton pad.
- Repeat this every night before going to bed for getting visible results.
Cucumber for dark circles
Cucumber has mild astringent as well as skin lightening properties.
- Cut thick slices of fresh cucumber and refrigerate them for 10-15 mins.
- Then, put the chilled slices over your eyes and relax for 30 mins.
- Continue this twice a day for at least two weeks to get results.
Coconut oil for dark circles
Virgin Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin E, which lightens skin and repairs skin damage.
- Gently massage coconut oil under your eyes and leave it overnight.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water in the morning.
Almond oil for dark circles
Almond oil has vitamin E and is an excellent emollient. It lightens the black circles and makes skin soft and supple.
- Dip a cotton pad in almond oil and apply on your under eye circles before going to bed.
- Massage gently for a few mins and leave it overnight.
- Rinse with cold water in the morning.
- Continue this process every day until the dark circles disappear.
Tomato for dark circles
Tomatoes have lycopene, which helps in treating skin damage.
It also has skin bleaching action that lightens skin tone.
- Apply sliced tomato or juice over the under eyes circles.
- Leave it for at least 15- 20 minutes and wash with cold water.
- Repeat the step for 3-4 weeks to get good results.
Honey for dark circles
Honey has a lot of benefits. It has moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Honey also has an anti aging action that makes your skin younger and brighter.
- Apply honey over your under eyes and leave it for 10-15 mins.
- Wash with water and follow this step twice daily to get effective results.
Milk for dark circles
Milk contains lactic acid that has anti ageing and skin lightening properties.
- Put two cotton balls soaked in cold milk over your eye area having eye bags and under eyes circles for 10-15 mins.
- Wash with water and repeat three times a week to get good results.
Lemon for dark circles
Lemon is rich in Vitamin C that rejuvenates and brightens the skin. It also has antioxidant and skin lightening properties.
- Apply lemon juice over the eye circles with the help of a cotton ball.
- Let it dry for 15 mins and then wash with cold water.
- Follow this routine once daily for a week.
Turmeric for dark circles
Turmeric has curcumin, which is a skin lightening property and improves the glow of the skin. It removes the dark and dead skin cells, reduces pigmentation by reducing melanin secretion.
The mixture of almond oil with turmeric extract hydrates dry skin.
- Mix a spoon full of turmeric extract with a little amount of almond oil.
- Massage it over the eye area and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Wash with normal water.
- Follow this method for a few weeks to see visible results.
Olive Oil for Dark Circles
Vitamin K and antioxidant-rich olive oil nourish skin naturally and skin tone beneath your eyes.
- Pour some virgin olive oil on a cotton ball
- Massage it over the under eye area in a circular motion and let it dry for 15 - 20 minutes.
Coffee for dark circles
Antioxidant-rich Caffeine in coffee increases microcirculation under the eyes, making your eye brightens and fresh.
Removing or lightening dark circles around eyes is just one step away from you with these easy home remedies and natural skincare tips.
So, give them a try and vanish your stubborn under-eye circles forever. Now you know many ways of how to remove dark circles permanently at home.
You can also use Derma Essentia best under eye cream for dark circles. Call us if you have any questions.
FAQ's on Dark Circles:
1. Is it possible to remove dark circles permanently?
Dark circles can be removed permanently with products made with natural skin bioactives working especially to moisturize, energize, protect & illuminate the under eyes.
2. What causes dark circles?
Lack of sleep, Stress, Long Term Sun Exposure, Bad Lifestyle & Allergies are the significant causes of Under dark eye circles.
3. How to prevent dark circles?
Sound Sleep, Regular Exercises, Healthy Eating habits, Less exposure to Sun & Computer can prevent dark circles under the eyes.
4. How to remove dark circles under eyes naturally?
Natural treatments that you will love are applying Aloe vera, Cold tea bags, Rosewater, Cucumber Slices, Honey and oils such as Almond oil, Coconut oil etc.