Even after multiple face wash, there are still dead skin cells present on our face and here exfoliation comes into play. Definitely face wash can help you to get rid of the dirt on the superficial part of the skin but they can not dig out the deeper ones. So, the exfoliating homemade scrubs will help you to remove white as well as blackheads and leave you with an even skin tone. Homemade scrubs are the best ways to exfoliate the skin as they are free of chemicals, increases collagen, and makes the skin smooth as well as firm.
Homemade scrubs can differ depending on the basis of the skin type you have.
What benefits can be obtained from using a facial scrub?
When face scrubbing is done on the face there are many benefits including:-
Improving circulation:- Scrubbing will help you to stimulate the blood flood on your skin and in turn make your skin glow.
Smooth Skin:- Exfoliation with natural ingredients helps in getting rid of dead skin cells. This helps in promoting brighter as well as smoother skin and thus improving the complexion.
Unclogging pores:- As said it effectively removes dead skin cells and this helps in unclogging the pores, exfoliating the face, and reducing the chances of acne as well as breakouts.
Increased absorption:- They help in removing the dead skin cells and debris which is helpful in making the absorption of other skin products better.
What are the various types of face scrubs that are ideal for different types of skin?
There are many different types of scrubs but not many people know which one is suitable for their skin type. So,Let me therefore explain to you what type of scrub is most suitable for your skin.
Clogged pores are more common in people with oily skin. So, to unclog them coffee, oatmeal and honey based scrubs are the best choice for them. They will remove extra sebum from the skin and will reduce the chances of getting blackheads or acne.
They are recommended to use face scrubs that have saffron or scrubs that have a creamier base. By doing so, the dead skin cells will be removed without making the skin dry.
It is really tough to use the right products for the people who have combination skin. They dry as well as oily skin making it really difficult to make a choice. This type of skin is suitable for fruit based scrubs as it is gentle on their skin.
Acne Prone Skin
It is better to choose ingredients that have a soothing effect like cucumber or apple. Acne-prone skin is one of the sensitive ones and it is advised not to use harsh scrubs.
What are the natural Face Scrubs that can be used on Face?
Here are the natural scrubs according to your skin type and this includes.
Coffee is packed with caffeine which is effective in increasing blood circulation and stimulating the skin to add that extra freshness. Along with that it has antioxidants which effectively fights against the harmful UV rays and prevents the skin from losing any moisture.
How to use it?
- Take three spoons of coffee and add one cup of yogurt into it.
- If you have dry skin, consider substituting full-fat milk for yogurt.
- Mix coffee and yogurt or full-fat milk together and make a paste.
- Once it thickens, add one teaspoon of honey into it and mix it well.
- Apply it to the face and scrub for about 15 minutes in a circular motion.
- Wash it with cold water and try using this scrub once a week daily.
ALMOND MILK AND OATS SCRUB
Almond milk is packed with exfoliating properties which is really effective in reducing the appearance of cellulite. Oats help in getting needed moisture and also improving the complexion of skin.
How to use it?
- Take two tablespoons of oats that are not cooked and make a fine powder out of them.
- Pour in a half-cup of almond milk.
- Combine the ingredients to form a fine paste.
- Apply the paste to the skin and give it a gentle 60-second circular massage.
- After that rinse the scrub with lukewarm water.
SUGAR, GREEN TEA AND HONEY SCRUB
We all know that there are so many health benefits of drinking green tea but they are filled with skin benefits as well. As they help in boosting the skin while sugar and honey will effectively reduce scars, blemishes and wrinkles.
How to use it?
- Take 5 green tea bags and cut it open to scoop the content out of them.
- Add half a cup of sugar to it and also one spoon full of honey to make a thick consistency.
- Apply that scrub to your face and massage it to your face for 5 minutes.
- Wash it off with some cold water.
- At the end don't forget to apply some good lotion to the face.
OLIVE OIL AND ALMONDS
We all know that almonds are packed with Vitamin E which naturally helps in providing the extra moisture to the skin. Olive oil helps in reducing the damages caused by UV Rays and also has an anti-aging effect.
How to use it?
- Crush 4 to 5 almonds and make a fine powder out of it.
- After that add Olive oil to it and mix both of them together.
- Then apply it on the face and massage it for about 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with gentle water and repeat it twice a week daily.
Well it is difficult to choose scrubs when you have a combination skin but as discussed fruit based are the best for you. Bananas are filled with Vitamin C, potassium, and a small amount of Vitamin A. All in all it helps in boosting the production of collagen and making the skin brighter.
- Take one ripe banana and mash it with a fork.
- Then add some finely grinded oats to it along with yogurt.
- Mix everything together and cleanse your skin with it.
- Always massage it in a circular motion.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
ACNE PRONE SKIN
Apple is well known to have enzymes that help in naturally exfoliating the skin.It will naturally nourish and hydrate the skin once honey is added to it.Secondly, it has antibacterial properties, making it a perfect option for people who have acne-prone skin.
- One ripe apple should be blended into a paste in the blender.
- Then add honey to it and mix it properly.
- Then cleanse your skin in a circular motion with this cribs
- 8 minutes is enough to let it sit on your skin before washing it off.
FOR ALL TYPES OF SKIN
Chocolate is packed with high levels of antioxidants in it and has anti-ageing properties to it. It is helpful in increasing the collagen production and also hydrating the skin as well.
- Take three spoons of melted dark chocolate, then add one spoon of sugar to it and at last two spoons of coffee.
- Mix the ingredients and apply it to your skin.
- Let it rest on your scalp for almost 20 minutes.
- You will have smooth skin after washing it off with lukewarm water.
Homemade scrubs are the best way to cleanse your face and are also easy on your pockets. Always make the right choice before applying scrubs to your face and make sure which one is the best for your skin type. Always remember to scrub with clean hands and also gently in a circular motion.
You can easily make choices from the above mentioned scrubs according to the type of skin you have. However, use these scrubs one or twice daily a week and they are safe to use as well.
Q. Do face scrubs help in removing tanning?
Ans. Yes, they do help in removing tan as they will remove the dead skin and harm caused due to UV Rays.
Q. What to do after scrubbing the face?
Ans. After scrubbing the face always remember to finish it off with a good gentle moisturizer especially for people with dry skin.