Face clean-up: 5 easy steps by top beauty influencers
Even if our skin bears a lot for us the whole day, only a few among us put extra efforts to clean it and pamper it. The increasing pollution, UV rays, makeup and dirt which our skin bears all day cannot only be removed with face wash or makeup remover. You need to spend a little extra time cleaning up after every 15 days to keep your skin clear, bright and radiant. If you do not prefer to go to fancy salons then do not worry.
You can perform good face cleanup at home with your good quality skin care products as well as the natural ingredients present in your kitchen.
You can do face clean up at home using cleanser, steamer, exfoliator, toner and moisturizer. Otherwise, you can use natural ingredients such as honey, cucumber, milk and curd to clean up your face.
In this blog we will discuss
- Steps for face clean up at home
- 5 Steps Face clean up with natural ingredients
- Important Tips
Before discussing further let's have a look at the video:
Face clean up steps at home
For face clean up at home you need to have high quality skincare products that are suitable for your skin type. You need a good cleanser, scrub, steamer, toner and moisturizer.
- Cleansing: Remove all the makeup from your face with makeup remover or cleansing milk. Now, wash your face thoroughly with a gentle cleanser and pat dry your face with a towel.
- Steaming: After cleansing your face, steam your face either using a facial steamer or a container filled with boiling water. Cover your head with a towel and keep your face a few centimeters away from the steamer or container. Do not take steam for more than five minutes. Wipe your face gently with cotton cloth.
Steaming is usually helpful for people with oily skin. It removes the toxins, cleanses the face and helps to remove the whiteheads and blackheads.
- Exfoliating: It helps to remove the dead skin cells and makes the absorption of skincare products better. Use a gentle scrub on your face for not more than three minutes and then wash it.
- Applying face pack: Face pack is a great option to pamper you. Choose the one suitable for your skin type. Apply its even layer on skin and wash it when it dries. You have acne then select the anti-acne face packs.
- Toning: It refreshes the skin and seals the pores and keeps skin hydrated. Use alcohol free and chemical-free gentle toner.
- Moisturizing: Moisturizers help to keep skin hydrated and prevent various skin issues. Select the moisturizer formulated for your skin type.
5 Steps Face cleanup up with natural ingredients
You can easily cleanse your face with these below mentioned natural cleansers:1. Milk: It is an efficient facial cleanser that contains compounds that enhance the skin barrier function. Thus it keeps skin soft and improves its health.
How to use:
Add a small amount of salt in milk and apply the mixture on your face and neck with cotton.
2. Curd: Curd contains compounds that help to eliminate the blemishes and age spots. It soothes it and leaves it moisturized and rejuvenated.
How to use it
Grind one cucumber in a mixer and add some curd to it to form a thick paste. Apply this paste on your face and leave it for 10 minutes. Then wash with lukewarm water.
Take the help of some natural exfoliator to exfoliate your face:
1. Banana oatmeal scrub: Bananas contain amazing nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium.
How to use:
Mash one banana and add two tablespoons of powder oats in it. You can add some curd for better consistency. Apply this mixture on your face and scrub your face with it.
2. Honey and oats scrub: It is an effective natural moisturizer and exfoliant.
How to use:
Grind half cup oats and add ¼ cup curd and ¼ cup jojoba oil in it. Apply this mixture and scrub your face for one minute. Wash your face with warm water.
Following are some of the best ingredients that make perfect face toners at home:
1. Apple cider vinegar: It helps to balance the pH level of the skin, thus improves the skin complexion. It has the ability to remove the sun tan and shrink the open pores. It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
How to use:
Dilute apple cider vinegar in a bottle with its double amount of water. Use it in routine as a toner with cotton.
2. Cucumber and aloe vera: Aloe vera helps to keep skin young and protected from the UV rays. On the other side, cucumber hydrates the skin.
How to use:
Mix two tablespoon of aloe vera gel in half cup of cucumber juice. Apply it on your face and neck with a cotton pad.
4. Face pack:
You can use various ingredients to make face packs such as:
1. Banana: Banana helps to make your skin smooth and hydrated.
How to use:
Mash one banana and add two tablespoon of honey in it. Apply this paste on your face and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Then wash it with warm water.
2. Sandalwood and rosewater: The face pack formed with these two ingredients will soothe your skin and help in de-tanning.
How to use:
Mix sandalwood and rose water to form a paste. Apply on your face. Wash it with normal water once it gets dry.
You can use a number of natural moisturizers present in your kitchen to moisturize your face such as:
1. Coconut oil: It is found in almost every house. It has antibacterial properties and helps your skin boost collagen production. It helps to improve the moisture levels in the skin.
2. Olive oil: It has a high content of vitamin E, which possesses anti-ageing properties. The antioxidants present in it helps to soothe the skin and repair damaged cells.
Face clean up is not as difficult as it sounds. It includes simple facial clean up steps that will take 30-45 minutes to complete. You will be amazed with the after effects of face clean up. Your skin will appear clean, flawless and glowing just by spending a few minutes.
Important Tips for face:
Don’t use hot water or cold water for washing your face, always use normal or warm water and massage your face with any essential oil in circular motion according to your skin to get the glowing skin.
Frequently asked question (FAQs)
1. Is clean up good for the face?
Face clean up helps to keep skin free from debris, make-up, sweat, dirt and excess oil. It helps to loosen the pores and remove blackheads.
2. What is better cleanup or facial?
Cleanup includes cleansing, scrubbing, steaming and applying a face pack. But facials also include a relaxing massage as well. Thus facial is better than cleanup as it improves the blood circulation also.
3. Is bleaching good for the face?
Skin bleaching includes the use of products that lighten the dark areas of the skin and provides overall lighter complexion. It can cause serious side effects and complications.
4. How to clean up face?
Face clean up includes certain steps: cleansing, steaming, scrubbing, face pack, toning and moisturizing.