How to use coffee for skin and hair rejuvenation
A thought of coffee intake allures many of us. For some people, it is the fuel of the body. They need this drink a cup per day to start their morning routine.
Today, you can find various types of coffee in the market. From boiled one to instant and many more, you can choose them according to your mood. Do you know it is not only known for its refreshing and stimulating effects?
It is also renowned for its health benefits. It makes your liver stronger and lowers risk of developing liver diseases, treats puffy eyes, processes glucose better, reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes, improves cardiac health, controls blood pressure, and lowers the risk of Parkinson's disease.
Other than these benefits of coffee, there is one benefit of this brewed drink that you might have heard from your mother or grandmother. This is the coffee benefits for skin and hair rejuvenation. Today, skin and hair home remedies are the essential part of a care routine along with using good hair care products and skin care products.
Coffee as a home remedy for hair and skin beautification is a great choice. It might be due to the constituents present in the coffee, which make it potent to conduct such beneficial works.
Coffee is a boon for skin, scalp and hair. It is used to exfoliate skin, fades acne marks, balancing skin and scalp pH, treats dandruff and provides skin a natural glowing tone.
Let's explore in deep about these aforementioned benefits of coffee for skin and hair:
- For dandruff
- For hair fall
- As hair dye
- As exfoliating agent
- For acne or pimples
- For fair skin
- For sun tan
- For glowing skin
- As a lip scrub
- Skin tightening face mask
- Pack for oily skin
- Facial Hair Mask
Coffee for hair:
1. For dandruff
Dandruff is one of the major cosmetic problems faced by most people. It not only irritates your scalp and makes it dirty, but also affects your aesthetics and confidence.
There are many home remedies for dandruff treatment. One of them is coffee.
Coffee scrubbing is the best instant way to treat this problem. It helps to exfoliate the scalp, removes the piled up build up, augments and controls the excessive oil production. This way you can get a clear, clean and itch free scalp and hair.
Along with removing dandruff, this scrubbing also improves blood circulation in the scalp. This leads to strengthening your hair. So this scrub works in two ways.
How to use coffee for dandruff?
- Take an adequate amount of coconut, olive or any other oil.
- Add brewed coffee grounds in it and make a paste.
- Massage the scalp with this paste in circulation motion.
- Afterwards, rinse the hair with warm water.
2. For hair fall
When hair follicles get weak, it tends to fall more often. It leads to the problem of hair loss.
Coffee tends to stimulate the hair follicles, strengthen the hair roots and lowers the problem of hair fall.
One research done on coffee also governs this fact. It has been noticed that amounts of caffeine is helped to block DHT effects in the male hair follicles. This improved the hair shaft length and strong hair roots. Therefore, you can opt for coffee to stop hair fall and increase hair growth.
How to use coffee for preventing hair fall?
You can make coffee oil:
- Heat any regular oil you use in a saucepan. Coconut oil might be the best for this purpose.
- Mix 1/4th cup roasted coffee in it, and cook on low flame for about 7 hours.
- Make sure to cover the pan with a lid and stir from time to time.
- Off the flame after given hours and strain the oil.
- Store this at a cool and dark place. Use before taking a bath for optimal outcomes.
Coffee hair mask:
- Take 1 tablespoon of each olive oil and honey.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of grounded coffee in it.
- Make a smooth paste and apply onto the hair.
- Leave for about 20-30 minutes to wash with normal water.
3. As hair dye
This brewed drink is not only used to make hair strong and dandruff-free, but also known to dye unnatural white hair. Coffee does work as a natural dye.
- Take dark-roasted coffee beans and brew it.
- Mix this half cup of coffee with 1 cup of leave-in hair conditioner and 2 tablespoons of coffee ground.
- Apply the mixture on damp hair and leave for about an hour.
- Wash with a gentle shampoo afterwards.
Coffee for face
Coffee provides various skin benefits. It helps to exfoliate dead skin cells, tightens the skin and open pores, treats the problem of acne, fades hyperpigmentation and provides a natural glow. This treats the problem caused by free radicals.
4. As exfoliating agent
- Take half a cup of fresh grounded coffee and mix it with half cup of brown sugar.
- Now, add half cup of coconut oil in it.
- Mix well and scrub the skin.
- Leave for some minutes after scrubbing and rinse thoroughly.
5. For acne or pimples
- Take 1 tablespoon powdered coffee.
- Mix it with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and half tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Mix well and make a smooth paste.
- Apply on a clean face and leave for about 20 minutes. Wash it out afterwards and apply an ultra-hydrating moisturizer.
6. For fair skin
- Take 1 tablespoon of coffee powder and mix it with 1 tablespoon of turmeric and 1 tablespoon of curd.
- Mix well and make a smooth paste.
- Apply onto your face and neck. Leave for about 20-25 minutes or until it gets dry and remove with normal water.
7. For sun tan
- For removing tan you need coffee and curd.
- Mix both the ingredients and apply the paste on the affected area.
- Massage in circulating motion for about 2 minutes and then leave for 20 minutes afterwards.
- Wash with cold water after 20 minutes.
8. For glowing skin
- Take 1 tablespoon of coffee and mix it with 11/2 tablespoons of raw milk.
- Make lump free paste and apply onto the skin.
- Let it for about 15-20 minutes and wash off with normal or cold water.
9. As a lip scrub
- Take 1 tablespoon of grounded coffee.
- Mix it with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Mix well and scrub the lips gently with the mixture for some seconds.
- Store the left mixture in an airtight container.
10. Skin tightening face mask
- Take 1 tablespoon of grounded coffee and mix it with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Mix well to make smooth paste.
- Apply onto the face left for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the face and apply a gentle moisturizer.
11. Pack for oily skin
- It is also suitable for oily skin.
- For this take 1 tablespoon of coffee and lemon juice.
- Mix the ingredients well. Apply the paste onto your face.
- Leave for 15 minutes and wash off along with massaging in circulating motions.
- Pat dry the face and apply a mattifying moisturizer.
12. Facial Hair Mask
- Remove your facial hair using coffee and baking soda mixture.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of baking soda in 2 tablespoons of grounded coffee.
- Rub the skin with the mixture for sometime. Repeat for a week to see the result.
You can opt for any of these home remedies and can try to get rid of hair and skin concerns.
“Next time, not only drink coffee but also layer it onto the face and scalp for its amazing benefits”.
1. What does coffee do to your face?
Coffee is an excellent exfoliator for your skin. It brightens, even tones and smooths the skin.
2. Which coffee is best for the skin?
The grounds are the best choice to exfoliate your skin and remove all dead skin. The ground doesn't dissolve in the water, which makes it a good option for skin.
3. Can I use coffee scrub every day?
The scrub made of coffee should be used only a few times a week. Excess use of this can damage the skin and cause micro-tears in the skin.
4. Is drinking coffee related to hair loss?
Drinking coffee doesn't relate to hair fall. The hair fall happens due to hereditary cause, hormonal changes, radiation therapy, stress or extreme hair treatments.
5. Is drinking too much coffee exert bad impact on your hair?
Drinking coffee in excess can negatively impact your hair normal growth. So, drink coffee in recommended quantities only.