Collagen! We all have heard this word in our science books but collagen is one thing that is important for our hair as well as skin. But it's important to know how including collagen supplements could be a holy grail for your hair as well as your skin. It is a protein found in both your skin as well as hair helping you to repair and promote new skin cells.
Dont just google but learn how collagen supplements can be beneficial for your hair as well as your skin. Continue reading and learn what magic can collagen supplements do to your hair and skin.
Benefits of Collagen on Hair
1. Hair is packed with a protein component known as Keratin. This building-up of collagen is done by amino acids which are commonly found in collagen. So, when collagen supplements are taken, it is then broken down into amino acids hence boosting the growth of healthy hair.
2. Collagen supplements help in enhancing the connective tissue present in your scalp which is essential for the hair follicle and blood circulation around the scalp. After the age of 20, you almost lose your collagen production by up to 1% per year.
By taking collagen supplements you can easily make your hair follicles become stronger, and healthy-looking scalp.
3. Free radicals are the unstable molecules that roam here and the body leading to damage if left untreated. These free radicals are typically caused due to smoking, long sun exposure, poor diet, and pollution as well.
Collagen synthesis naturally slows down as you age, leaving you with damaged, brittle hair. Here collagen supplements play a great role and hence increase the immunity to kill harmful free results. In turn, reduces the chances of brittle or damaged hair.
4. If you want to say bye! Bye! To grey hair then say Hie to your best friend collagen. Aging results in less melanin pigment turning your hair grey. But with enough intake of antioxidants, you can easily reduce the greying of hair.
Collagen supplements are a great choice for this as they not increase the melanin pigmentation around the scalp but also slow down the greying of hair.
5. According to some studies it was found that adding supplements packed with collagen can helps on increasing the collagen around hair follicles hence reducing hair loss. If you are suffering from early baldness then this is the solution.
Thus, collagen will help in increasing the volume of hair and also adding strength to hair follicles.
Benefits of Collagen for Skin
1. One of the most notable benefits of collagen supplements is their ability to reduce wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. Supplements with collagen will help improve skin elasticity and moisture, which will lessen the appearance of wrinkles. Collagen is a crucial part of the structure of the skin.
2. Collagen supplements are also beneficial in improving skin hydration. Your skin is kept moisturized and plump by the ability of collagen molecules to store water. Supplements with collagen can increase skin hydration levels, making it smoother and more supple.
3. Collagen is an essential protein that provides structural support to the skin, giving it elasticity and firmness. As we age, our collagen production declines, leading to skin elasticity loss. Collagen supplements can help increase collagen production, improving skin elasticity and firmness.
4. Collagen supplements help in reducing dark spots, acne scars, or any other skin issues. Including supplements rich in collagen help in promoting the growth of healthy skin and hence increasing the process of healing. Along with that it naturally repairs the skin and each day makes it healthy.
5. Collagen creams might help in improving the outer layer of the skin while collagen supplements help from within. The intake of collagen helps in increasing the collagen and making the skin firm as well as tight.
Collagen supplements have numerous benefits for hair, skin, and overall health. From reducing wrinkles and fine lines to promoting hair growth and supporting joint health, collagen supplementation is a safe and effective way to boost your body's collagen levels.
However, it's essential to choose a high-quality collagen supplement from a reputable brand to avoid any potential side effects. Please consult your physician before beginning a new supplement program.
Q. Are the supplements rich in collagen good for your hair and skin?
Ans. Definitely, as collagen supports healthy hair, and the use of the amino acids included in collagen aids in the development of hair proteins. It naturally makes the hair strong and prevents hair fall as well as becoming grey.
While for skin it helps in building collagen and reducing the chances of wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots. Naturally makes your skin plump and youthful looking.
Q. Can collagen supplement help in growing hair?
Ans. Collagen supplement helps in promoting the growth of healthy hair by providing strength to the hair follicles and preventing them from getting damaged.
Q. Does collagen helps in making the skin glow?
Ans. It is well-known that collagen is helpful in making the glow by increasing skin elasticity and also making it look plump as well as youthful.
Q. What are collagen-rich food items?
Ans. The food items rich in collagen includes beans, egg whites, Vitamin C rich food, green leafy vegetables and many more helping you to increase collagen naturally.