Healthy hair, adds charm to your beauty!
You are what you eat! Along with a well-balanced diet, the best hair growth supplements with a combination of ingredients, like biotin, amino acids and Phytoextracts can help to strengthen weak or damaged hair with time.
Daily intake of one or two hair growth tablets offers nutrients required by your hair. Scientific study also supports that regular intake of nutritional supplements significantly enhanced hair growth after 90 and 180 days.
Best supplements for hair growth and thickness may promise you to offer voluminous, shiny, stronger hair to both men and women, but do these products actually work?
You will surely get an answer to this, just grab a healthy snack and read along!
In this article;
- What is the difference between shedding and hair loss?
- Hair loss causes
- How to increase hair growth?
- Do hair growth tablets promote healthy hair growth?
- Which ingredients/hair care actives to look for hair regrowth?
- To Sum Up…
- Frequently asked questions
Before going into details, it is important to understand what is hair loss and how hair loss occurs.
What is the difference between shedding and hair loss?
We often confuse hair loss with hair shedding but bear that these both are different. Natural shedding is a physiological process, in which old hair has to be shed for new hair to grow. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, an average person loses up to 50-100 strands of hair per day and it's normal.
But more than that could be a possible sign of hair loss if your comb or brush gets loaded with broken hair strands every time you comb your hair it is alarming. Your scalp may be losing hair, it may be due to hair thinning, the wrong way of brushing your hair or maybe your scalp needs nutrients.
Hair Loss Causes
“Weaker and thin hair tends to break faster which can lead to hair loss”. Read below to find out the main reasons for hair loss:
- Nutritional deficiency: People with nutritional deficiency tend to have dry, frizzy and thin hair and are more prone to get hair loss. A scientific study published in the journal Dermatology Practical and Conceptual showed that nutritional deficiency impacts hair growth, hair structure and even. In this scenario, the need is for strengthening hair and preventing hair breakage.
- Hormonal imbalance: Hair loss is common during pregnancy and after childbirth. Hair thinning and hair fall during Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and thyroid abnormalities are other reasons that may even lead to permanent hair loss. Along with taking more care of your diet and workout routines, you should include foods for hair growth in your diet to promote hair growth and avoid hair loss.
- Medical condition: Autoimmune diseases (like alopecia areata), scalp fungal infections, seborrhea, psoriasis, allergic contact dermatitis, inflammatory bowel disease, chronic infections such as kidney and liver failure and HIV may cause hair loss. Stress (cause telogen effluvium), severe physical or emotional trauma and heavy metal poisoning may be a potential reasons for hair loss.
- Some other factors: Along with ageing, we cannot forget the lifestyle choices such as smoking, alcohol intake and bad hair care practices such as tight hairstyles that put pressure on scalps and harsh hair treatments like curling irons, straighteners, hot rollers and traction alopecia that can also lead to unhealthy scalps and hair loss. These factors can easily be eliminated by just following some easy steps to take care of your hair naturally.
How to increase hair growth?
You need to overcome these common causes of hair loss. Presenting a few tips to grow hair faster:
- Good old ‘Dadi-ke-nuskhe’ to the rescue. All you need is to raid your kitchen for the most effective hair masks for hair fall and oils to prevent hair loss
- Keep an eye on your nutrition
- Never use harsh chemical-based products, such as opt for paraben and sulphate free, hair fall control shampoos and conditioners and so on
- Avoid over washing and over-drying which can also make hair weaker
- Go for hair growth vitamins
- Try to stay away from using dyes or colors as far as possible
- Reduce stress and try to have a sound sleep (Stress is unavoidable. Sigh! But you can try to manage it)
Do hair growth tablets promote healthy hair growth?
The answer is “Yes” the hair growth tablet work if your hair loss is a result of poor dietary habits or nutritional deficiency. Isn’t it amazing how these “wonder-in-a-bottle” supplement pills offer you healthy hair? In other words, hair growth pills are complete nutritional support that fulfils the nutritional gap between diet and hair demands.
Which ingredients/hair care actives to look for hair regrowth?
Biotin for hair is very important for hair growth but one needs widespread goodness of essential amino acids, minerals, omega-3 fatty acids and natural extracts, these are power-package hair loss treatments to strengthen your hair. These ingredients work best to promote healthy hair growth.
Vitamins such as Biotin (vitamin B7 or vitamin H), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Vitamin E (tocopherol), Vitamin B12 and Vitamin C are the essential vitamins for maintaining hair health. These help to carry oxygen and nutrients to the scalp.
Along with this, vitamins for hair growth help to protect hair follicles from free radical damage, prevent hair from ageing and offer you shiny, nourished and healthy hair. Not just in supplements, these vitamins are also used as an ingredient of anti-dandruff shampoos which potentially alleviates dandruff from your scalp.
Amino acids for hair
Amino acids such as N-acetyl L-cysteine, L-lysine HCl, and L-methionine help to boost the production of keratin (natural hair protein) provide strength to the hair shafts and stimulate hair growth. They form a protective shield over the hair surface and protect hair from sun damage and pollutants.
Omega 3 fatty acids for hair
Fatty acids help to improve hair growth and density. It inhibits the inflammation at the hair follicle (the prime cause behind hair loss) and hence offers strength, lustre, and thickness to the hair.
Minerals such as Iron, Copper, and Zinc stimulate hair growth and prevents hair loss. These help to carry oxygen and nutrients to the scalp and helps to keep oil glands around the follicle offering strength to the hair.
Natural extracts such as Soy Isoflavones, Proanthocyanidins, and Pumpkin seed extracts are a rich source of phytosterols and polyphenols that stimulates hair growth by blocking the DHT hormone (Dihydrotestosterone), an excess DHT level causes shrinkage of hair follicles resulting in complete follicle death (scarring alopecia) and bald spots.
To Sum Up…
Sometimes hair healthy diet is not enough to prevent hair loss, this is when hair growth supplements come into the picture to meet the nutritional needs of the hair. A blend of potent hair care vitamins, phytoextracts and minerals are the best supplements for hair growth. They not only work to curb hair loss and hair fall but also address other hair concerns such as hair thinning, frizzy hair, dandruff, etc. They help to rebalance the scalp and encourage the hair bulb to promote growth while reducing shedding.
Q. How fast do hair growth tablet work?
Ans. You heard many times that “consistency is a key behind anything”. Likewise, in the case of hair growth tablets, normally it may take two months to show a visible difference. If you are experiencing drastic hair fall and want to treat hair loss, Biotin supplements for hair growth are effective.
Q. Can you regrow hair after hair fall and hair shredding?
Ans. If the hair follicles are active, then the hair can re-grow even after shedding and androgenetic alopecia (most common type of hair loss).
Q. Can hair growth tablets be used during pregnancy?
Ans. One should consult your physician before taking any supplements during pregnancy as it may cause side effects.
Q. Can hair growth tablets help you to get rid of dandruff?
Ans. You can go for anti-dandruff shampoo or lotions to get rid of dandruff. Plenty of medicated shampoos and herbal shampoos are available for the same. You can also use home remedies like diluting apple cider vinegar with water and applying it on scalp.