What causes cracked heels ? Easy Solutions to heal cracked feet
It is essential to understand the cracked heel causes before we discuss cracked heel treatment solutions. Cracked heels are a common problem that can be identified by the formation of callus tissue that may cause pain with everyday pressure-related activities like walking or running.
If the callus goes untreated and continuous pressure is applied, then you may eventually notice small or even deep cracks that may cause bleeding to occur. If not correctly cared for, this may cause an infection.
Cracked heels, also known as heel fissures, are a result of dryness and dead skin build-up. Rough, Cracked heels or cracked feet are not only unsightly but can be quite painful. In severe cases, cracked heels can become infected and can also lead to a bacterial infection known as cellulitis.
Reasons for cracked heels
While one of the main causes of dry, cracking skin is the arid winter air, other factors can impact heels. Common problems that contribute to heel fissures are:
- Poor foot hygiene such as foot odor and foot infections are few common side effects of sweaty feet.
- Skin loses its ability to stretch with age, so cracks are more common as you get older.
- Diabetes can disturb the body’s ability to produce oils, making the skin less supple and more susceptible to dryness.
- Disease and disorders such as athlete’s foot, psoriasis, eczema, and thyroid disease may cause cracked heels.
- Excess weight can create extra pressure on the feet.
- Prolonged standing in ill-fitting shoes can become a problem due to added pressure on the feet.
- Water, especially running water, can rob the skin of its natural oils and this can leave the skin dry and rough.
- Deficiency of vitamins, minerals, and zinc can lead to skin breakdown as well.
Cracked heels remedy
For more information, click here!