The definition of Healthy skin as the skin having a smooth surface with no breaks, acne, blackheads or whiteheads. It should neither be dry or flaky nor over moist and wrinkled.
Top 11 skin care tips for healthy skin:
- Protect the skin from ultraviolet radiation emitted by sun rays by applying a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an spf 30 or spf 50 that blocks both UVA rays and UVB rays , because long-term exposure of skin to harmful sun rays leads to the early ageing, age spots, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles and even skin cancer.
- Eat a healthy diet, rich with carbohydrates, take plenty of fruits, green vegetables, whole grains and lean protein.
- You should drink around 8 glass of water every day to prevent the skin from dehydration.
- Get early to bed and have a sound sleep of at least 8 hours every night.
- Go for a walk in the morning and Exercise regularly
- Manage stress by doing yoga, and it helps in improving the blood circulation thus impart role in maintaining healthy and glowing skin.
- Do not smoke; smoking promotes wrinkle on the skin surface. It narrows the tiny blood vessel in the outermost layer of skin and reduces the blood flow thus make skin paler.
- Always cleanse your face before going for sleep. Avoid harsh astringents or cleanser and maintain skin pH balance.
- Avoid strong soap, pat dry after a bath and for dry skin use moisturizer after taking a shower.
- Wear protective clothing and protect the skin from pollutants.
- Use skin care product in the right order after taking the recommendation with skin specialist or beautician.