The Ultimate Guide to What Are Blemishes
You all must have heard of acne, pimples, blackheads, dark spots & pigmentation. But where does the word face blemishes fits in? Exactly, what are blemishes?
The word blemish represents a kind of mark, dark spots, discolouration of the skin, or flaws left behind over the surface of the skin due to acne, pimple, scar, age spots, blackheads, and whiteheads.
Blemishes are not as much dangerous as other diseases, but their presence on the facial region demotivate people and leads to lowering in self-confidence.
Citrus fruits such as lemon are a rich source of Vitamin C, and it proves beneficial for the removal of dark blemishes on the face.
Other natural agents like honey, egg white, aloe vera, and tomato juice impart an equal role in the removal of them.
Some people still must be confused about what are blemishes, what are their causes, and how to remove ,prevent or treat them.
Here is the ultimate guide , which will help you to know them better so that you can prevent or treat them and have bright, healthy and beautiful skin.
Causes of blemishes:
- Genetics: Sometimes, due to hormonal disbalance during puberty, menstruation and pregnancy, excessive secretion of pigment melanin ( that imparts colour to the skin) occurs on certain parts of the body, leading to the blemishes. Also, excessive production of androgen hormone increases the sebum secretion, which causes pimples to pop out and leads to blemishes.
- Sun Exposure: Staying out in the sun unprotected for the more extended period is known to cause blemishes. Overexposure to the sun’s harmful UVA, UVB and IR rays causes suntan, dark spots, skin pigmentation, and other forms of skin damage.
Climatic changes, dirt, dust, and pollution are one of the primary cause of blemishes generation.
- Other: Unhealthy diet, insufficient intake of water and improper skin care are equally responsible.
Characteristics of blemishes
The characteristics features are:
- Flaws left behind after blackheads or whiteheads
- White patches occurred due to the discolouration of the skin
- Scars or Acne Spots
- Dry, scaly or flaky skin
Suitable home remedies for blemishes on the face
The best-suited solutions for the removal of them are honey, lemon juice, papaya, tomato juice, egg white, and aloe vera.
- Honey: Has moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help in the removal of scars.
- Tomato juice: It is a rich source of Vitamin C, antioxidants and lycopene. Vitamin C has anti-ageing & astringent properties that help in shrinkage of open pores occurred by acne. Whereas, lycopene in tomato juice is responsible for lightening of age spots on face.
- Aloe vera: Enriched with polysaccharides that serve a vital role in the regeneration of new cells, thus helps in removing blemishes and scars.
- Egg white: The white portion of the egg has natural enzymes that help in the removal of blemishes.
- Lemon: Rich source of vitamin C with bleaching property that help reduces scars and age spots.
- Cocoa butter: It has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory action which help in fighting dark spots.
Other than home remedies, vitamin c serum for face also helps in the reduction of age spots, acne scars, pigmentation and discolouration present around the face and neck region.
Tips to Prevent :
Preventing the blemishes from occurring on your skin is always a better option than trying to fight with it. Below are some tips to prevent blemishes.
- Cleanse your face daily with a mild foaming face wash to remove dirt, dust, excess oil, dead skin cells, pollutants and other impurities that lead to blemishes.
- Use a non comedogenic oil-free moisturizer to hydrate your skin and to prevent dry, dull and patchy skin.
- You must wear a broad-spectrum gel based sunscreen every day, 20 minutes before going out in the sun, to protect your skin from harmful sun rays (UVA, UVB & IR rays).
- Avoid using excessive makeup on a breakout skin and do not forget to remove your makeup before going to bed and sleep with a clean, hydrated face.
- Do not prick on pimples and use ice or aloe vera on the area to soothe it down.