16 Effective Tips on How to Remove Dark Circles at Home
Dark circles under eyes are a common issue among all genders and age groups, especially with the hectic and busy life. Dark circles are mainly of 3 types.
Hollow dark circles:
due to the shifting position of the muscles and fatty zones of the face
Brown or pigmented dark circles:
caused by deposits of melanin in the dermis and/or hyperpigmentation of the epidermis on the eye contour
Blue dark circles:
the consequence of defective microcirculation and the permeability of vessels, leading to the accumulation of blood pigments responsible for the purplish-blue shade
Have you tried every possible tips and tricks but not getting any concrete answer on how to remove dark circles? Then first know the causes of getting dark circles:
– can make your skin look pale and dull, which causes the dark tissues and blood vessels to show. Lack of sleep also makes your eyes appear puffy due to the accumulation of fluids under your eyes.
– can be a major cause of dark circles as this may lead to other issues like tiredness, fatigue, sleeplessness, etc.
– it is well documented that eye circles are sometimes hereditary. It can also be due to other diseases like hyperthyroidism.
– causes your body to release histamine, which dilates your blood vessels that result in puffiness and swelling of eyes and casting dark shadows beneath them.
Long-term sun exposure
– causes your body to release an excess amount of melanin (the pigment responsible for skin colour), which can result in pigmentation of skin around the eyes.
– makes your skin thinner, which results in the appearance of dark blood vessels under your eyes.
– can result in exhaustion or fatigue. Also, smoking and alcohol dilates your blood vessels, causing your eyes to swell and cause dark bags under eyes.
These are some common culprits of causing dark circles which should be addressed as soon as possible before it gets out of your hand. Although there are plenty of cosmetics products available to help you get rid of dark circles, they often come along with side effects also. However, there are various home remedies which you can use to remove those stubborn dark circles overnight. And the best thing is they are entirely natural and without any side effects.
Tips on how to remove dark circles
With little changes in your daily routine and schedule can make a lot of difference to your dark circles. Try to enjoy a healthy lifestyle and reap all the benefits with your glowing and relaxed eyes.
Eye-packs are exceptionally useful in reducing dark circles. To make an eye-pack one needs a few drops of lemon juice, coconut, 2 tbsp cucumber, and fresh cream.
- Mix a few drops of lemon juice, coconut oil, cucumber, and fresh cream and massage it over dark circles.
- Wash after 20 mins.
- Apply once a week to remove dark eye circles.
Your skin reflects what you put on your plates. Include vitamins rich foods in your diet that will help in keeping your skin healthy. Add green vegetables and fruits like spinach, carrots, brinjals, bananas, mangoes, and oranges in your diet that have an excellent effect on the skin near eyes.
Exercise directly may not help in preventing the dark circles, but it does improve the circulation of blood and removes toxins from the body, thus allowing your skin to glow.
- On the other hand, some form of yoga does affect the skin around your eyes. Some yoga forms like Trataka Yoga, Palming Yoga, Rolling Eyes Yoga helps to get rid of dark circles.
- Practice yoga daily to get bright and radiant skin.
One of the main reasons for dark circles is a stressful life and improper sleep habits.
- As per experts, at least 7-8 hours of undisturbed sleep is necessary for a fresh dark circle free face.
Home Remedies for dark circles under eyes :
How about if you get rid of your stubborn dark circles from the ingredients that are not only cheaper but also can be found easily in your kitchen. Smart right? Then, have a look at the given below natural treatments that you will love:
Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
- Applying aloe Vera gel hydrates your skin and reduces skin pigmentation.
- Apply freshly extracted Aloe Vera gel under your eyes.
- Leave it overnight and rinse with cold water in the morning.
Cold Tea Bags:
Green tea has anti-oxidants which brightens your skin. Tea has tannins, which constrict dilated blood vessels and reduces under eye dark circles and puffiness of eyes.
- Soak two tea bags in refrigerated water and put them over your eyes for 20-30 mins. Then wash your face with cold water.
- Repeat it 2-3 times a day to get the best results.
Rosewater has skin rejuvenating properties. It also soothes the skin and works as a skin toner.
- Apply rose water on the dark circles and closed eyelids, using cotton pads.
- Repeat this process for 3-4 weeks to get better results.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
Using Apple Cider Vinegar makes your skin look younger, and it removes the black circles.
- Massage a small amount of Apple cider vinegar under your eyes using a cotton pad.
- Repeat this every night before going to bed for getting visible results.
Cucumber has mild astringent as well as skin lightening properties.
- Cut thick slices of fresh cucumber and refrigerate them for 10-15 mins.
- Then, put the chilled slices over your eyes and relax for 30 mins.
- Continue this twice a day for at least two weeks to get results.
Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin E, which lightens skin and repairs skin damage.
- Gently massage coconut oil under your eyes and leave it overnight.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water in the morning.
Almond oil has vitamin E and is an excellent emollient. It lightens the black circles and makes skin soft and supple.
- Dip a cotton pad in almond oil and apply on your dark circles before going to bed.
- Massage gently for a few mins and leave it overnight.
- Rinse with cold water in the morning.
- Continue this process every day until the dark circles disappear.
Tomato has lycopene, which helps in treating skin damage. It also has skin bleaching action that lightens skin tone.
- Apply sliced tomato or juice over the dark circles.
- Leave it for at least 15- 20 minutes and wash with cold water.
- Repeat the step for 3-4 weeks to get good results.
Honey has a lot of benefits. It has moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Honey also has anti aging action that makes your skin younger and brighter.
- Apply honey over your dark circles and leave it for 10-15 mins.
- Wash with water and follow this step twice daily to get effective results.
Milk contains lactic acid that has anti ageing and skin lightening properties.
- Put two cotton balls soaked in milk over your dark circles for 10-15 mins.
- Wash with water and repeat three times a week to get good results.
Lemon is rich in vitamin C that rejuvenates and brightens the skin. It also has anti-oxidant and skin lightening properties.
- Apply lemon juice over the dark circles with the help of a cotton ball.
- Let it dry for 15 mins and then wash with cold water.
- Follow this routine once daily for a week.
Turmeric has curcumin, which is a skin lightening property and improves the glow of the skin. It removes the dark and dead skin cells, reduces pigmentation by reducing melanin secretion. The mixture of almond oil with turmeric extract hydrates dry skin.
- Mix a spoon full of turmeric extract with a little amount of almond oil.
- Massage it over the dark circles and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Wash with normal water.
- Follow this method for a few weeks to see visible results.
Removing dark circles are just one step away from you with these easy home remedies and natural skin care tips. So, give them a try and vanish your stubborn dark circles forever.