The quick guide to Acne-Prone Skin and Anti Acne Facewash
Acne comes like an uninvited guest, stay without your permission and leave dark spots and scars before going, no one wants such type of guest. Some people are too much caring about their diet and take proper skin care, but still, they are facing the problem of acne due to their acne-prone skin. You might have a question in your mind that what is this and why it happens? So let’s go in details to solve your queries.
What do you mean by acne-prone skin?
In general terms, acne prone skin means the skin that is more sensitive toward acne and blemishes and has the intensity to develops comedones and pimples. Hereditary or genetic characters are the prime factor that makes the skin prone to acne and blemishes, whereas diet, hormonal fluctuation and stress level are the secondary ones. Salicylic acid is an exfoliant that helps in the removal of excess oils and purifies pores by removing dust particles and dead cells.
- Acne is a type of skin problem that generally occurs by clogging of hair follicles by dust particles, dead cells or excessive oil secretion.
- The cause of acne (oily skin and hormonal disbalance ) is common for every person but the person that is more susceptible towards acne have overexpressed oil glands.
Why skin becomes acne-prone
A vast number of factors are responsible for making the skin likely towards acne, some of them are:
Genes determine skin type if parents have acne problem then chances of the child for acne-prone skin is more.
Acne is hormonal imbalance disorder (especially androgen (in the male) and progesterone (in female) during puberty, excessive secretion of sebum from the sebaceous gland is one of the prime factors for the sensitivity of skin towards acne.
Some medications such as steroids and lithium have inflammatory property. Thus, they have the potential to generate acne.
Diet having the high glycemic index and greater content of dairy products trigger acne.
Stress trigger hormone, increase sebum production, thus exacerbate acne problem.
harsh, soap-based cleanser and synthetic cosmetics make the skin more susceptible to acne.
If you have acne-prone skin, you might experience these types of lesions.
Problems related to acne-prone skin
– also known as open comedones, it is small, flat and dark black bumps, generally caused by blocked sebaceous glands.
– also known as closed comedones, it is uplifted round milky white spots.
– are inflamed lesions with the red appearance and is painful.
– are inflamed lesions generally filled with pus and is painful.
So now you are aware of acne-prone skin, their causes and problems related to them.
Now the big deal is what steps should be taken to get rid of acne and which facial cleanser is best suited to prevent acne.
Skincare tips for skin:
The selection of cleanser, moisturizer and cosmetic product for acne-prone skin is quite concerning. The skin care tips for acne prone skin are:
- Choose cleanser formulated especially for acne-prone skin (Salicylic acid face wash or benzoyl peroxide face wash clears and purify pores, clear acne sore and is best suited for acne-prone skin).
- Clean face gently with soft hand do not use any cloth or scrubber because it worsens the acne condition.
- Use a light, non comedogenic moisturizer which does not provoke acne or an oil-free moisturizer with antibacterial property is the best option.
- If you want to wear makeup, use a foundation or light makeup because heavy makeup leads to clogging of pores.
- Do not prick, pricking leads to increased inflammation, thus exacerbate acne.
Anti-acne face wash
Anti-acne agents are the agents that can remove or reduce acne and pimples and makes skin feeling bright and blister-free.
- Salicylic acid is obtained from a natural source (from the bark of the willow tree), is one of the most efficient ingredients used in acne products for the treatment of acne.
- It targets acne by removing dead skin cells that promote clogging of pores.
- Up to 0.5-2% concentration of salicylic acid is beneficial in the treatment of mild to moderate acne.
- It helps in clearing excess oils from the skin and remove the dead cells and dust from pores.
- It also removes blackheads by shrinking the pores.
- Leaves clean, hydrated and refreshed skin.
A vast number of anti-acne face wash are available in the market but Derma Essentia Advanced oil-free foaming face cleanser is best salicylic acid face wash india composed of natural ingredients which proves beneficial in the removal of pimples and blemishes and is best suited for acne-prone skin.
Its principal constituents are –
- Papaya fruit extract and Glycolic acid (help in gently exfoliating dead skin cells)
- Zinc, PCA and Salicylic Acid (reduce acne induced inflammation & infection).
- Aloe barbedensis Juice & Hyaluronic acid (helps in maintaining natural skin moisture and leave it supple and refreshing.
Hope this writeup will help you in solving your queries regarding acne-prone skin.